The following files are provided as guidelines and are included to provide suggestions on preparation of submittals to the County Surveyor's Office to make the process easier and more efficient for all involved. If you're surveying in Santa Barbara County, then this is the manual for you. It contains guidelines for submittal of every surveying document our Office handles. Included are suggestions on preparation of records of surveys to make the process easier for all. They are by no means complete, and the user assumes all risk from decisions made regarding the use of them. The County Surveyor is providing this information as a way to make the submittal process easier and more efficient, but will assume no liability for the validity of the information or the use that arises from it. Most documents are available in Adobe Reader (PDF) format.
PoliciesThe following sections of the County Surveyor's desk procedures manual have been adopted by our office and the private sector conducting business in Santa Barbara County. Please give us a call at 805-568-3020 if you have any questions or suggestions on this information.
This list is not comprehensive.
|County Subdivision Map and Document Review Fee Schedule
• Ordinance No. 4746. See the Fees page
|Santa Barbara County, California - Code of Ordinances
Link to Municode.com, a website library of encacted Santa Barbara County Code Ordinances. Opens in a new window, pick from menu of chapters on the left. Includes Chapter 21, Chapter 21A, and Chapter 35
Historic Santa Barbara County, California - Code of Ordinances Archive
1883 – Present
Ordinances are laws adopted by the Board of Supervisors and generally amend, repeal, or supplement the County Code. Laws created by County Ordinance deal with a wide variety of County Government responsibilities and services including, but not limited to, public health and safety, public infrastructure, as well as zoning, housing and planning. This archive contains scanned copies of the original executed Ordinances as they were presented to the Board at the time of their adoption. All are in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
|Santa Barbara County, California - Board of Supervisor Minutes Archive
•BOS Minutes from 1850 - 1907 are now available to view in a digital format.
Includes 1874-1906 Road Books
•From November 18, 1850 (the first day of the county's recorded history) to August 5, 1907, clerks' of the board handwrote the legislative history of the County as minutes in 16 hard-bound ledgers.
•From September 3, 1907 to April 4, 1977, the BOS minutes were documented with a typewriter, spanning 199 similar hard-bound books.
•After 1977, the Board of Supervisors' minute books were archived to microfilm.
|County of Santa Barbara Subdivision Regulations
Chapter 21 - Santa Barbara County Code. Planning & Development, Land Division
Downloadable PDF Republised by Planning & Developement in 1/2012
• Article I, Subdivisions (Includes Information on Tentative Maps, Final Maps, Tract Maps, Parcel Maps, Voluntary Mergers and Modifications to Recorded Maps)
• Article II, Flood Control
• Article III, Lot Line Adjustments
• Article IV, Park and Recreation Dedication and Fees
• Article V, Condominium Conversions
• Article VI, Orcutt Planning Area Development Impact Fees
• Article VII, Goleta Planning Area Development Impact Fees
• Appendix A, Table of Ordinances Amending Chapter 21
|California Code of Regulations
• Section 400, et seq., Title 16, Division 5. Board Rules and Regulations Relating to the Practices of Professional Engineering and Land Surveying
|California Business and Professions Code|
|• Section 6700, et seq., Professional Engineers' Act|
|• Section 8700, et seq., Professional Land Surveyors' Act|
|California Government Code
• Section 27550 et seq., Government of Counties, Officers, Other Officers, Surveyor
• Section 56000 et seq., Cortese-Knox-Hertzberg Local Government Reorganization Act of 2000
• Section 66410 et seq., Subdivision Map Act
|California Public Resources Code
• DIVISION 8. Surveying and Mapping [Section 8801-8902]
CHAPTER 1. California Coordinate System [Section 8801-8819]