The Clerk of the Board
Public Counter Notice
(Updated June 16, 2021)
Effective, Wednesday, June 16, 2021, the Santa Barbara County Administration Building will be open to the public.
The Clerk of the Board public counter will be open to the public Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. The public can submit Assessment Appeals, Land Use Appeals, Claims, CEQA Filings and other documents as necessary in person beginning June 16, 2021, or via regular mail (with postmark). Appointments are not necessary but highly encouraged to guarantee staff availability. The Clerk of the Board public counter is located at: 105 East Anapamu Street, Fourth Floor, Room 407, Santa Barbara CA, 93101
For Monument Deposits and Clerk of the Board map attestations, please email Sheila de la Guerra at: email@example.com to make an appointment.
For Assessment Appeals related inquiries please contact Natasha Carbajal at: nCarbajal@countyofsb.org.
To schedule an appointment with the Clerk of the Board, please contact our office by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: (805) 568-2240 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday (excluding Holidays).
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
On June 11, 2021 and effective immediately, Governor Newsom issued Executive Orders N-07-21 and N-08-21, which rescinded some prior Executive Orders related to COVID-19, but Executive Order N-08-21 states that some other prior Executive Orders related to COVID-19 still remain necessary to help California respond to, recover from, and mitigate the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Consistent with Executive Order N-08-21, the Santa Barbara County Board of Supervisors will provide in-person participation as well as virtual participation beginning the meeting of Tuesday, July 13, 2021 and until further notice.
The following alternative methods of participation are available to the public:
1. You may observe the live stream of the Board meetings in the following ways:
- Televised in English and Spanish (SAP channel via Comcast and Cox) on local cable channel 20;
- Online at: http://www.countyofsb.org/ceo/csbtv/livestream.sbc; and
- YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/user/CSBTV20
2. If you wish to provide public comment, the following methods are available:
- Distribution to the Board of Supervisors - Submit your comment via email prior to 5:00 PM on
the day prior to the Board meeting. Please submit your comment to the Clerk of the Board at:
email@example.com. Your comment will be placed into the record and distributed appropriately.
- Attend the Meeting In-Person - Individuals are allowed to attend and make comments at the
Board meetings in-person. If you attend the Board meeting in-person, you will be required to wear a
face covering or mask at all times if you are not fully vaccinated.
- Attend the Meeting by Zoom Webinar – Individuals wishing to provide public comment during the Board of Supervisors meeting can do so via Zoom. Please see page 2 of the current agenda to register in advance.
Zoom Meeting Logistics:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing important information about joining the webinar.
Please DO NOT call or join until the item you want to speak on is being discussed.
1. Once the Chair has announced the item you want to comment on, please join the meeting with the information provided in the registration confirmation email.
2. You will be placed on mute until it is your turn to speak. You will be able to hear the Board meeting live after calling in, so you can turn off your TV or the webstream.
3. The Clerk will call you by name. When removed from mute, you will hear a notification that your line has been unmuted. If you are using a touchtone phone, you may need to press *6.
4. Each person may address the Board for up to three minutes at the discretion of the Chair.
5. When your time is up or you have concluded your comments, please hang up.
If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of the Board's Office at (805) 568-2240.
The Clerk of the Board provides a range of services to the Public and County Staff. This Division of the County Executive Office provides administrative and clerical support for the Board of Supervisors, Assessment Appeals Boards, and Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) .
The Clerk of the Board employs 6 full-time staff who assist in the management of meeting schedules and calendars; prepare Board Meeting Agendas; distribute Staff reports and associated materials to be considered at each meeting; and maintain written record of actions taken at each meeting. The Clerk provides legislative support for the Board of Supervisors and is responsible for the codification and publication of all legislative acts approved by the Board of Supervisors in the Santa Barbara County Code . The Clerk also maintains the County Roster of appointed Boards, Commissions and Committees. .
The Clerk of the Board is committed to providing professional service to the public; of ensuring the integrity and accessibility of the public record; of facilitating the accurate and timely presentation of information to the Board of Supervisors, County departments and the public through the agenda process; to promoting public participation in local government and to supporting the adopted Mission, Goals and Programs of the Board of Supervisors
Land Use Appeals
Appeals of a decision of the Planning Commission, the Planning Director, the Zoning Administrator or the County Surveyor must be filed with the Clerk of the Board. Appeals must be filed no later than ten (10) days following the date of the decision, along with the appropriate fees. Appeals are forwarded to staff of the affected department(s) which subsequently sets the item for a public hearing before the Board of Supervisors.
Filing Claims Against the County of Santa Barbara
Claims against the County of Santa Barbara must be filed with the Clerk of the Board. Persons wishing to file a Claim against the County may fill out the Claim Form provided below, and submit the original + one copy in person or by mail. Claims may not be submitted via electronic mail or fax, as an original signature is required.
You may contact the Clerk of the Board at our offices located at 105 E. Anapamu Street, Room 407, Santa Barbara CA, 93101; by calling (805) 568-2240; by faxing (805) 568-2249, or by e-mailing the Clerk of the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.