Where can I learn more about Medi-Cal?
- Santa Barbara County Department of Social Services - https://countyofsb.org/dss
- California Department of Health Services - http://www.medi-cal.ca.gov/
What are the key benefits of Health Care Reform?
- Creates the Health Insurance Marketplace, a new way for individuals, families, and small businesses to get health coverage
- Requires insurance companies to cover people with pre-existing health conditions
- Helps you understand the coverage you're getting
- Holds insurance companies accountable for rate increases
- Makes it illegal for health insurance companies to arbitrarily cancel your health insurance just because you get sick
- Protects your choice of doctors
- Covers young adults under 26
- Provides free preventive care
- Ends lifetime and yearly dollar limits on coverage of essential health benefits
- Guarantees your right to appeal
Where can I learn more about the benefits?
- C heck out www.healthcare.gov
- Call 1-800-300-1506, 8am to 8pm M-F, 8am to 6pm Sat or visit www.coveredca.com
What type of health coverage can I qualify for?
- The chart below can help you determine what type of coverage you may qualify for:
|You are:||You qualify for:|
|An individual making less than or equal to $16,6431||Free Medi-Cal coverage.|
|An individual making $16,644 to $29,7002||Affordable insurance through Covered California, with assistance to lower your monthly premiums and reduce your out-of-pocket expenses like deductibles and co-pays.|
|An individual making $29,701 to $47,5203||Affordable insurance through Covered California, with assistance to lower your monthly premiums.|
|An individual making over $47,5204||You do not qualify for assistance with premiums or out-of-pocket expenses, but you are still eligible to buy insurance through Covered California.|
|A family of four making less than or equal to $33,9491||Free Medi-Cal coverage.|
|A family of four making $33,950 to $65,4362.1||Children qualify for free or low cost Medi-Cal coverage. Parents qualify for affordable insurance through Covered California, with assistance to lower the monthly premiums and reduce out-of-pocket expenses like deductibles and co-pays.|
|A family of four making $60,750 to $97,2003||Affordable insurance through Covered California, with assistance to lower your monthly premiums.|
|A family of four making over $97,2004||You do not qualify for assistance with premiums or out-of-pocket expenses, but you are still eligible to buy insurance through Covered California.|
The materials and information contained on or obtained from this website, are distributed and transmitted "as is" without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Information contained on this website, including information obtained from external links thereon, is provided without any representation of any kind as to accuracy or content and should be verified by the user. The County of Santa Barbara is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the website and/or the materials contained on the site whether the materials contained on the website are provided by the County Santa Barbara or a third party.
How can I learn more about my family's eligibility?
- Covered California also has a calculation to predict monthly costs under a Silver Plan. Go to https://www.coveredca.com/shopandcompare/